Help, i used the UBCD once and my computer wont boot at all

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

booshibonton

Help, i used the UBCD once and my computer wont boot at all

#1 Post by booshibonton » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:37 am

help me please, im on a time leesh, i used the ultimate boot cd on my toshiba satelite A100 laptop and now the screen wont even turn on...i dont know what to do,, has this happend before, how can i fix this?? :cry:

jason.b.c

#2 Post by jason.b.c » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:09 pm

I don't think this is a UBCD problem..., Are you sure the batteries are charged..?

Are you absolutely sure it's actually turned on...?
Freespire and Puppy Linux user....

booshibonton

broken computer

#3 Post by booshibonton » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:10 am

yes, im sure the computer is turned on and plugges in
i think the last thing i did with the ubcd before i turned the computer off was i navigated to one of the partitioning tools, and i can't remember exactly, but i dont thing it has anything to do with my HD
the reason for my thinking this is becaus i cant even boot into the bios...so im thinking i may have somehow errased it...or something, because i know i also tried to access a .img file though the boot image section part (cant remember exactly)....what next?

verndog

Re: broken computer

#4 Post by verndog » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:57 pm

booshibonton wrote:yes, im sure the computer is turned on and plugges in
i think the last thing i did with the ubcd before i turned the computer off was i navigated to one of the partitioning tools, and i can't remember exactly, but i dont thing it has anything to do with my HD
the reason for my thinking this is becaus i cant even boot into the bios...so im thinking i may have somehow errased it...or something, because i know i also tried to access a .img file though the boot image section part (cant remember exactly)....what next?
If the lcd display doesn't work, can you plug it into a desktop monitor through a vga plug.
Does the Floppy or USB work

booshibonton

#5 Post by booshibonton » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am

oh yes...good idea...but why wouldnt the screen work at all...??? usually the computer can boot into the bios without a HD...but yes ill try connecting an external display and see what happens thanx ...(*why didn't i think of that...?*) :shock:

jason.b.c

#6 Post by jason.b.c » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:19 pm

maybe the back lighting in your screen quit working , you may wanna check that...
Freespire and Puppy Linux user....

arahardja

Re: Help, i used the UBCD once and my computer wont boot at

#7 Post by arahardja » Sun May 13, 2007 3:58 am

booshibonton wrote:help me please, im on a time leesh, i used the ultimate boot cd on my toshiba satelite A100 laptop and now the screen wont even turn on...i dont know what to do,, has this happend before, how can i fix this?? :cry:
I think I have exactly the same problem, my is toshiba satellita P20, so have you found how to fix it? would you mind telling me? thanks

Andy